Mark Roemer Oakland Discusses the Advantages of a Synthetic Grass Installation
According to Mark Roemer Oakland, despite its negative environmental effects and high maintenance, the lawn is a quintessential part of American suburbs. If you can’t get rid of the water-hogging grass, consider replacing it with artificial turf. Let’s check out the advantages of synthetic grass installation.
- No need for fertilizers – The grass varieties used on most lawns are some of the most unproductive crops. They require a lot of resources without giving you much in return. That’s why you need to feed the soil with fertilizers every year before seeding it with new grass. That’s a lot of work and a lot of money. You can get rid of that expense when you install synthetic grass on your property. That means you don’t pollute the soil with toxic fertilizers and your turf remains lush and green throughout the year.
- Low maintenance – No one can claim that artificial turfs don’t require maintenance. However, compared to maintaining real grass, it’s minimal. Even if you don’t consider seeding the soil and watering it, the hours and labor saved on not operating a lawnmower is a scary amount.
When you install synthetic grass, you realize how many hours you wasted every year trying to maintain the beauty of your lawn. Now you can spend all that extra time on earning more money, learning new skills or spending it more meaningfully with the family.
- Safe for pets and children – You have two choices with natural grass. You can either leave it on its own and allow pests to roam free or use toxic pesticides on your turf. Either way, the lawn becomes unsafe for your children and pets. All that effort is wasted on creating and preserving something that your kids can’t enjoy. On the other hand, certain synthetic grass brands make their product with antibacterial properties. Your kids and pets can run or roll over it all day without getting sick.
- Shade is inconsequential – When you’re planning to grow a natural turf, you need to keep a lot of things in mind. For instance, you need to make sure the turf gets plenty of sunlight or choose a variety that can grow green in a shaded area. When you install synthetic grass, you don’t need to worry about shade. The turf stays green throughout the seasons, except in winter when it is buried under the snow.
- No bare spots – Every homeowner knows that growing a healthy turf isn’t easy. When a certain section of your lawn gets more foot traffic than usual, the grass on that part starts dying. With artificial grass, bare spots are a thing of the past.
Mark Roemer Oakland suggests that you replace your existing turf with synthetic grass to get all the above-mentioned advantages. Your back will thank you for the low-maintenance turf and you won’t have to invest hundreds of dollars every year to feed fertilizers to the ground for growing grass.